Lip care?

Lip care?


A while back I read THIS post on effective lip care products. At the time of reading this I had been using vaseline for about two years. I didn't use it because I liked it, only because I thought it got the job done - temporarily. When I first started using it, I had to keep using it due to it's very short lasting effects. I also didn't want anything containing alcohol so settled for it.
When I read about the EOS being a matte balm and found out it was organic and contained Vitamin E with no petroleum or parabens I became very intrigued and wanted to try it out. I was tired of constantly reapplying vaseline with no real solution and the condition of my lips began to worsen. I wanted something actually good for my lips and Eos fit the description. I went ahead and ordered my sphere from Lovelula.com, an organic and natural beauty web shop with free deliveries on all orders as well as a handy points scheme, do check out their other products as they assure that everything on the site has no SLS's, no parabens and does no animal testing. You can also find Eos in Selfridges stores here in the UK as well as on Amazon and Beauty Bay.

As I started using the Eos balm, I noticed not only the condition of my lips began to improve but also the colour of my lips too. Being South Asian, it's very common to have discolouration around the mouth and on the lips which I do, so anything that will improve that is an immediate favourite for me.  I bought an Eos sphere for both my sisters and it had the same effect on their lips as well. As the beauteabible post also mentioned; it's great under lipstick too.

The only thing I now use vaseline for is to soften the flaking skin on my lips before brushing and then scrubbing with my diy lip scrub, all i do is let it sit for a minute or two and then proceed with the routine.

I always did wonder how petroleum could possibly be good on my skin or lips and now I know for me, it isn't. I'm sure other people love this stuff but I sure am never going back.

L-R: Summer fruit & LE Barbados heat £5.99 from Lovelula.com, Recent purchase Strawberry Sorbet £3.25 from Amazon



0 comments:

Post a Comment