Easy Food | Eton Mess


This is probably one of the easiest yummy dessert recipes I know of. I first came across this when watching an episode of Come Dine With Me, a good few years back. It's been a regular in my house ever since. It's a nice dish for iftar because we all know how hectic cooking can get at that time and this really doesn't require so much effort or time. I'd say it's doable in 10 minutes if you have everything on hand.

All you need is Strawberries (or any other chosen fruit), Meringues (I cheat and buy the Asda ones), double cream and sugar.

You start with mixing one full tub of 300ml double cream with 4-5 tablespoons of sugar using an electric whisk. Be careful not to over do the cream as it becomes a horrible clumpy consistency. Evenly spread that at the bottom of your dish. Then cut up your strawberries in small chunks and spread them over the cream. Crush up the meringues and sprinkle them all over and that's it, you're done!

I know I haven't been so clear with how much of what you should use but generally it's up to personal preference, if you like more of a crunch you'll obviously add more meringues and the same with the strawberries. I don't tend to measure anything when I make this besides from the sugar.

If you're going to keep this in the fridge before serving, you shouldn't add the meringues until it's time to serve as they become awfully soggy and it's just not that enjoyable as I'm sure you would agree.

That is all for now, Ramadhan is indeed the reason to me being so inactive. I have the whole year to be glued to my phone, I can atleast spare myself one month for an all round break can't I? Seriously though, the fasting is doing me good, it is well needed for my digestive system to rest.

Wishing you all a lovely summer and for those fasting, an amazing Eid this year xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment